Jet makes emergency landing in NC after oil leak
MORRISVILLE, NC -- Leaking oil forced an American Airlines passenger plane to make an emergency landing at Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
Airport officials said the pilot noticed the leak shortly after taking off from Raleigh for Chicago around 8:15 a.m. Sunday. The first attempt at an emergency landing was scrapped, but the pilot brought the plane down safely as emergency crews stood by on the second attempt.
Authorities say none of the 138 passengers on the MD-83 jet were injured.
Fort Worth, Texas-based American Airlines was bringing in another plane to take the passengers to Chicago.
north carolina, national/world
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 1 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects