Jet makes emergency landing in NC after oil leak
MORRISVILLE, NC -- Leaking oil forced an American Airlines passenger plane to make an emergency landing at Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
Airport officials said the pilot noticed the leak shortly after taking off from Raleigh for Chicago around 8:15 a.m. Sunday. The first attempt at an emergency landing was scrapped, but the pilot brought the plane down safely as emergency crews stood by on the second attempt.
Authorities say none of the 138 passengers on the MD-83 jet were injured.
Fort Worth, Texas-based American Airlines was bringing in another plane to take the passengers to Chicago.
north carolina, national/world
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1 12 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John... 51 min ago
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians