Police: Drunk man fell asleep in wrong NY house
NEWSTEAD, NY -- Authorities in western New York say a 20-year-old man thought he was sleeping on his friend's couch when state troopers woke him up over the weekend. It turns out he was off by about 20 miles.
State police say a homeowner in rural Erie County town of Newstead woke up around 4:30 a.m. Saturday and found a stranger sleeping on his couch. He was unable to wake up the stranger, so his wife called 911. When troopers arrived, they found the very intoxicated man still sleeping on the couch.
Troopers say the man told him he thought he was at a friend's house on Grand Island, 20 miles west of Newstead.
The man was charged with criminal trespass and issued an appearance ticket for Newstead Town Court.
new york, national/world
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 8 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos