Prosecutors rest case in Sandusky sex-abuse trial
BELLEFONTE, PA -- The mother of one of Jerry Sandusky's alleged victims says her son's underwear was frequently missing from the laundry and he claimed he'd thrown it away because he had an accident.
The mother of the teen called Victim 9 by prosecutors was the last witness called Monday before the state attorney general's office rested its case against the former Penn State assistant football coach.
The woman's son testified Thursday that Sandusky had repeatedly forced him to have anal sex that resulted in bleeding. The teen testified that he "just dealt with it."
Earlier, prosecutors dropped one of the 52 counts against Sandusky, saying the statute he was charged under did not apply at the time of the alleged illegal contact.
Sandusky denies the charges.
The defense began presenting its case by calling former Penn State assistant coach Dick Anderson.
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 3 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged 55 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!