Prosecutors rest case in Sandusky sex-abuse trial
BELLEFONTE, PA -- The mother of one of Jerry Sandusky's alleged victims says her son's underwear was frequently missing from the laundry and he claimed he'd thrown it away because he had an accident.
The mother of the teen called Victim 9 by prosecutors was the last witness called Monday before the state attorney general's office rested its case against the former Penn State assistant football coach.
The woman's son testified Thursday that Sandusky had repeatedly forced him to have anal sex that resulted in bleeding. The teen testified that he "just dealt with it."
Earlier, prosecutors dropped one of the 52 counts against Sandusky, saying the statute he was charged under did not apply at the time of the alleged illegal contact.
Sandusky denies the charges.
The defense began presenting its case by calling former Penn State assistant coach Dick Anderson.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Thirsty beer thief ends up getting caught 1 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 7 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 30 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes
- Information on price tags decoded
4 min ago