Suspect dead, 6 wounded in Ky. shootings
HAZARD, KY -- Kentucky State Police say a gunman is dead and others wounded after the suspect opened fire on a vehicle and continued shooting when law enforcement arrived.
Trooper Jody Sims says the two deputies and a trooper who were shot Sunday didn't have life-threatening wounds. The two people in the vehicle also weren't hurt seriously.
State Trooper Tony Watts says the suspect was shot and later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Sims says a motorist driving through the mountainous area in the eastern part of the state called authorities around 8 p.m. to say someone was shooting at the vehicle.'
Two troopers and two deputies then arrived and came under fire. One of the troopers was shot in the face, but was expected to recover.
Investigators were still at the scene early Monday.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 3 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels 2 min ago
- One killed in west Houston wreck 5 min ago
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife