Suspect dead, 6 wounded in Ky. shootings
HAZARD, KY -- Kentucky State Police say a gunman is dead and others wounded after the suspect opened fire on a vehicle and continued shooting when law enforcement arrived.
Trooper Jody Sims says the two deputies and a trooper who were shot Sunday didn't have life-threatening wounds. The two people in the vehicle also weren't hurt seriously.
State Trooper Tony Watts says the suspect was shot and later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Sims says a motorist driving through the mountainous area in the eastern part of the state called authorities around 8 p.m. to say someone was shooting at the vehicle.'
Two troopers and two deputies then arrived and came under fire. One of the troopers was shot in the face, but was expected to recover.
Investigators were still at the scene early Monday.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 23 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 50 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects