Bomb blast kills 6 Afghan police officers
KABUL, Afghanistan -- Authorities say a roadside bombing in southern Afghanistan has killed six police officers.
Uruzgan provincial government spokesman Abdullah Emat says the policemen were driving in a pickup truck through the province's Charcheno district on Sunday when the vehicle struck the explosive. He did not provide further details.
Meanwhile, the Italian defense ministry says an Italian soldier was killed and two others were wounded in an explosion Monday in western Afghanistan.
Local police spokesman Raouf Ahmadi says the Italian soldier died when a grenade went off inside a watchtower at the base. He says the grenade apparently got dropped by accident and exploded. Ahmadi says there was no sign of an attack.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 42 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom 59 min ago
- Burglars break in through roof of Walgreen's store
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life 42 min ago
- 13 Things to Know for Thursday 21 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone