Houston girl, 15, loses leg in Maine boat crash
LOVELL, ME -- A 15-year-old girl has suffered a severed leg after her family's boat hit a submerged rock and crashed on Kezar Lake.
Abby Mueller of Houston, Texas, was ejected from the family's 24-foot motorboat around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and run over by the propeller, which severed one leg between the ankle and knee. She was flown to a Boston hospital. Her condition was not immediately known late Tuesday.
The Maine Warden Service says the girl's father, 44-year-old Robert Mueller, had five children with him, one being towed on a tube, when the boat struck a rock inside an area marked with hazard buoys.
Mueller suffered minor injuries. He is the father of three of the children and two are family cousins from Woodstock, Conn.
Officials don't believe alcohol was involved.
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 16 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co.
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Texas search team to help after OK twister 57 min ago
- Two arrested for trespassing after found on roof of church
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong'
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos