Houston girl, 15, loses leg in Maine boat crash
LOVELL, ME -- A 15-year-old girl has suffered a severed leg after her family's boat hit a submerged rock and crashed on Kezar Lake.
Abby Mueller of Houston, Texas, was ejected from the family's 24-foot motorboat around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and run over by the propeller, which severed one leg between the ankle and knee. She was flown to a Boston hospital. Her condition was not immediately known late Tuesday.
The Maine Warden Service says the girl's father, 44-year-old Robert Mueller, had five children with him, one being towed on a tube, when the boat struck a rock inside an area marked with hazard buoys.
Mueller suffered minor injuries. He is the father of three of the children and two are family cousins from Woodstock, Conn.
Officials don't believe alcohol was involved.
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 14 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual' 16 min ago
- Police investigate shooting in SE Houston
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 17 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
- No more playing in the street, says Florida HOA
- Seattle bus passengers turn tables on robbery suspect
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos