Turbulence injures several on Miami-bound flight
MIAMI, FL -- Authorities say two flight attendants and several passengers have suffered minor injuries during turbulence on an American Airlines flight from Aruba to Miami.
The Miami Herald reports the Boeing 757 experienced about 15 seconds worth of severe turbulence Tuesday afternoon. There were 185 passengers on board.
Officials say the flight was about 30 minutes from Miami when it hit the rough air.
Emergency crews were waiting at Miami International Airport when the plane landed. The passengers were treated at the gate and the flight attendants were taken to a hospital.
American is based in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Justin Bieber gets booed at Billboard Music Awards 54 min ago
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- HISD security officer goes before judge today
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos