University of Colorado mum on trouble signs in alleged shooter
raw video: James Holmes makes first court appearance
AURORA, CO -- University of Colorado officials won't say whether they saw any signs of academic or behavioral trouble in the man accused of gunning down 12 people and injuring dozens of others at a Colorado movie theater.
However,. Don Elliman, chancellor of the university's Denver campuses, said Monday that school officials did everything they should have involving the behavior of suspect James Holmes.
Ellisman and other university officials refused to discuss further details about Holmes at a news conference.
They did say he was enrolled in a competitive doctorate neuroscience program at the university but began the process of withdrawing in June after taking a required exam. They won't say if he passed.
They say Holmes didn't tell them why he was withdrawing, even though they urged him to explain the move.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 18 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 55 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 21 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County 43 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack