2 soldiers killed in Afghan roadside bombing ID'd
WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon has identified two U.S. soldiers killed in a roadside bombing in Afghanistan.
A Defense Department statement Monday identifies the two killed Thursday as 23-year-old 1st Lt. Sean R. Jacobs of Redding Calif., and 41-year-old Sgt. John E. Hansen of Austin, Texas.
The two died in a roadside bombing in the southern Afghan town of Khakrez. Both were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 17th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home