Local members of Sikh community to hold special prayers for victims
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Local members of the Sikh community are holding special prayers this week for the victims killed and wounded Sunday.
Five men and one woman lost their lives in the shooting rampage. Their ages range between 39 and 84 years old. Houston Sikhs say they cannot believe what happened in Wisconsin.
"I think it's what just the emotions any American would go through when their place of worship is attacked. I think it's shock and awe then just the feeling of insecurity where we find sanctity," said Manpreet Singh with the Gurdwara Sahib of Houston.
A family in the West University area says a relative was in the Gurdwara when the shootings happened. She escaped unharmed.
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 4 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos