Local members of Sikh community to hold special prayers for victims
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Local members of the Sikh community are holding special prayers this week for the victims killed and wounded Sunday.
Five men and one woman lost their lives in the shooting rampage. Their ages range between 39 and 84 years old. Houston Sikhs say they cannot believe what happened in Wisconsin.
"I think it's what just the emotions any American would go through when their place of worship is attacked. I think it's shock and awe then just the feeling of insecurity where we find sanctity," said Manpreet Singh with the Gurdwara Sahib of Houston.
A family in the West University area says a relative was in the Gurdwara when the shootings happened. She escaped unharmed.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos