Police: Man took unconscious woman's purse
ROXBORO, NC -- Police are looking for the man who allegedly took a woman's purse after she passed out in a store.
Roxboro investigators say 76-year-old Queen Walters was at a Wal-Mart store Monday riding in a motorized scooter shopping cart because of her health.
Walters is a diabetic and apparently had a bad reaction to some medication she took. Surveillance video from the store shows her become disoriented before losing consciousness.
In the video, a man walks by her and then comes back, checks her out while she's passed out, and then looks around before taking her purse.
Police Chief J. Todd Boycher said Walters had $300 in her purse - which is a lot for someone on a fixed income. She also had medicine she desperately needed and her car keys.
"There's every opportunity in the world to do the right thing. There's every opportunity in the world to do the wrong thing. Think about this being your mom or your dad or your loved one and what you would do and what you should do," Boycher offered.
Chief Boycher said Walters has recovered physically from her medical episode.
If you recognize the man in the video, please call Roxboro police at (336) 599-8345 or Person County Crime Stoppers at (336) 330-0923.
This story comes to us from our sister station, WTVD-TV in Raleigh-Durham
north carolina, national/world
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Police: Rapper incited riot at SXSW
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school 58 min ago
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter 53 min ago
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally