Hearse driver dies while taking body to funeral
BEVERLY HILLS, CA -- Beverly Hills police say a hearse driver who was found dead with a body in the vehicle died while taking the casket to a funeral.
Lt. Lincoln Hoshino says authorities were alerted that a body was slumped over in the driver's seat of a hearse parked near the Beverly Hills Hotel at about 3 p.m. Monday.
Hoshino says the investigation is in its early stages but the woman appears to have died of natural causes, with no weapons or evidence of violence discovered. Coroner's investigators will make a final determination of the cause of death.
The woman's relatives have not been notified yet and her identity has not been released.
Police could not immediately say to what funeral home or cemetery where the body was being sent.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths 25 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable 50 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 17 min ago
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos