Large shark caught in south Jersey
OCEAN CITY, NJ -- Witnesses say a man in a kayak hauled in a big shark about 200 yards off a New Jersey beach.
The man brought the shark, believed to be a 6-foot Thresher, ashore at the 58th Street beach in Ocean City Wednesday night.
Teddy Lyons tells WMGM-TV the man often kayaks with a bucket of chum and usually catches smaller brown sharks.
After taking some pictures, the shark was released back into the ocean.
Thresher sharks are not known to attack people.
new jersey, national/world
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns