2 Wash. state teenage boys die after hiking fall
SEATTLE, WA -- The King County Sheriff's office in Seattle says two teenage boys died after falling during a hike outside of North Bend.
A sheriff's spokeswoman says four teenage boys were hiking Sunday near Otter Falls when two of the teens climbed a rock near the falls, then fell and were seriously injured.
One of the other boys ran for help and came upon two hikers who went to the site of the accident. The boy continued running down the trail -- a total of five miles -- until he found a Forest Service employee who called 911.
By the time rescue teams reached the boys, though, they had died.
The teenagers killed were 16 and 18 years old and were from Federal Way.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny 19 min ago
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire 18 min ago
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend 1 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos