Afghan insurgents: Attack revenge for prophet film
KABUL, Afghanistan -- A spokesman for an Afghan militant Islamist group says they carried out a suicide attack near Kabul airport that killed at least nine people in reprisal for an anti-Islam film that ridicules the Prophet Muhammad.
Haroon Zarghhon claimed responsibility for Tuesday's attack near Kabul airport in an email to The Associated Press. He said the attack was carried out by a 22-year-old woman named Fatima.
He is with the group called Hezb-e-Islami led by former warlord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
Police say a suicide bomber rammed a small sedan heavily laden with explosives into a mini-bus believed to be carrying foreign aviation workers to the airport at dawn.
- Child killed by falling tree branch 8 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Because chimps are 'people' too....?
- Video: Saving money on holiday cards
- Which states swear the most on the phone
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby