Suit: Philly dancer's pole act injures groom-to-be
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- A lawsuit says that a bachelor party mishap at a Philadelphia strip club landed the groom-to-be in a hospital with a ruptured bladder.
The Philadelphia Daily News reported Friday that Patrick Gallagher had been invited to lie on the stage at the Penthouse Club as a dancer slid down a pole.
The lawsuit filed last week in state court alleges the woman landed with such force on Gallagher's abdomen that his bladder ruptured.
Gallagher, of Lansdale, needed surgery after sustaining the injury in November 2010.
The lawsuit accuses the club of negligence and seeks at least $50,000 for medical costs, pain, humiliation and mental anguish.
The Daily News was unable to reach the club's owner for comment. The Associated Press could not reach a club representative Friday morning.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court 49 min ago
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary 18 min ago
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston 4 min ago
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston 1 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston 44 min ago
- HISD security officer goes before judge today 10 min ago
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident 39 min ago
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos