Mother arrested for giving 11-year-old daughter tattoo
GREENVILLE, NC (KTRK) -- In North Carolina, a mother was arrested for giving her 11-year-old a tattoo.
Odessa Clay says her daughter wanted a tattoo so she used her own tools to give her a small heart tattoo near the girl's shoulder. Clay says she didn't realize it was illegal to tattoo someone under the age of 18 in North Carolina, even with parental permission.
Clay recently filed a complaint against her former father-in-law. She believes her former in-laws may have retaliated by turning her into authorities.
north carolina, national/world
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool 54 min ago
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes 28 min ago
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County 16 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank 43 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos