Mother arrested for giving 11-year-old daughter tattoo
GREENVILLE, NC (KTRK) -- In North Carolina, a mother was arrested for giving her 11-year-old a tattoo.
Odessa Clay says her daughter wanted a tattoo so she used her own tools to give her a small heart tattoo near the girl's shoulder. Clay says she didn't realize it was illegal to tattoo someone under the age of 18 in North Carolina, even with parental permission.
Clay recently filed a complaint against her former father-in-law. She believes her former in-laws may have retaliated by turning her into authorities.
north carolina, national/world
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 46 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today 1 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naught and Nice list
27 min ago
- Supersavers on Green Monday
57 min ago