Magnitude-6 earthquake hits Gulf of California
MEXICO CITY -- A magnitude-6 earthquake has shaken the Gulf of California coast in Mexico, but there are no reports of damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake hit at 11:26 p.m. Sunday local time (2:26 a.m. Monday EST; 0626 GMT) was centered 63 miles (102 kilometers) southwest of Los Mochis.
Local officials reported some panic, but no known damage
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 27 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys foil carjacking in San Antonio 17 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 52 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
3 min ago