12 Chinese workers die, 24 hurt in dormitory fire
BEIJING, China -- Chinese state media say a fire in a workers' dormitory has killed 12 people and injured 24 others in northwestern China.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the fire broke out early Wednesday in a dormitory for workers on a water diversion project in Shaanxi province. It did not report the cause.
It says the workers are from a tunnel engineering subsidiary of China Railway 18th Bureau Group Co. Ltd.
A report on a news site run by the province, cnwest.com, says the dormitory was a three-story make-shift building.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery 42 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale 8 min ago
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal 30 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos