12 Chinese workers die, 24 hurt in dormitory fire
BEIJING, China -- Chinese state media say a fire in a workers' dormitory has killed 12 people and injured 24 others in northwestern China.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the fire broke out early Wednesday in a dormitory for workers on a water diversion project in Shaanxi province. It did not report the cause.
It says the workers are from a tunnel engineering subsidiary of China Railway 18th Bureau Group Co. Ltd.
A report on a news site run by the province, cnwest.com, says the dormitory was a three-story make-shift building.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 4 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 23 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi 57 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages 47 min ago
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- Steelers' coach slapped with six-figure fine 52 min ago
- Casey Curry's midday weather forecast
26 min ago