Stunt goes terribly wrong for base jumper in Norway
EIKESDAL CLIFF, Norway (KTRK) -- A daredevil in Norway was said to be only 'centimeters from death' when a stunt at the edge of a cliff went terribly wrong.
Richard Henriksen was performing acrobatics near the cliff when the stand he was using broke, flinging him over the edge, 1,200 meters above the ground.
Henriksen managed to open his parachute just seconds before smashing into the ground. One person who witnessed the fall said everyone was certain he had died.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 36 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 24 min ago
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling 17 min ago
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters 3 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos