Gunmen kill 11 men playing soccer in Honduras
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras -- Police say gunmen have attacked three groups of men playing soccer at small fields in Honduras, killing 11.
The motives for the attacks in the rural province of Olancho are still under investigation. Drug traffickers have been active in the area.
The victims were aged 18 to 25.
Police commissioner Hector Garcia says the first attack occurred Saturday, and killed eight men.
The second attack Sunday killed two more men, and a third attack left one man dead.
All the attacks occurred around the city of Catacamas.
On Friday, gunmen killed the husband of the national Assistant Health Minister Miriam Paz in Olancho.
Security Minister Pompeyo Bonilla pledged to impose order in the violence-plagued province, and dispatched a contingent of police and soldiers to the area.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Coast Guard searching for missing 18-year-old swimmer
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars 30 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos