3 NJ students rescue toddler wandering near road
PERTH AMBOY, NJ -- Police are crediting three middle school students with rescuing a toddler who wandered away from her grandmother's home in New Jersey.
Police in Perth Amboy say the two 13-year-old boys and 12-year-old girl were walking home from the McGinnis Middle School when they spotted the 14-month-old girl along Market Street.
Police Chief Benjamin Ruiz tells The Home News Tribune of East Brunswick the students grabbed the child and called police Tuesday.
The toddler was reunited with her grandmother.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder 46 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 16 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead 38 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system 10 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room 15 min ago
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook 19 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
42 min ago
- Learning doesn't stop at Houston Rodeo
57 min ago