3 NJ students rescue toddler wandering near road
PERTH AMBOY, NJ -- Police are crediting three middle school students with rescuing a toddler who wandered away from her grandmother's home in New Jersey.
Police in Perth Amboy say the two 13-year-old boys and 12-year-old girl were walking home from the McGinnis Middle School when they spotted the 14-month-old girl along Market Street.
Police Chief Benjamin Ruiz tells The Home News Tribune of East Brunswick the students grabbed the child and called police Tuesday.
The toddler was reunited with her grandmother.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 59 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake