Historic shipwreck found off California coast
CHANNEL ISLANDS, CA -- After searching for more than 20 years, experts believe they've found a historic shipwreck from 70 years ago near California's Channel Islands.
Archaeologists have positively identified the shipwreck, found last February, as the George E. Billings. The rare pacific schooner was used in the lumber trade during the early 1900s.
It then turned into a sport fishing barge, before the owner decided to deliberately sink the vessel off the coast of Santa Barbara Island back in 1941.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos