Chemical bomb threat at CNN Center closes streets
ATLANTA, GA -- Police closed streets and sidewalks around CNN Center in downtown Atlanta as they investigated a chemical bomb threat, but found no such device during a search of the complex.
Atlanta police spokeswoman K.Y. Jones tells The Associated Press no chemical was located in the Friday morning search. She said shortly after 6 a.m. that all streets in the area were open again. Police say a caller claimed to have planted a chemical bomb at the cable news channel's headquarters. Police had closed <>treets and sidewalks to vehicles and pedestrians on the block to the north of the center, and on the block to the west of the center.
The complex is home to CNN and several restaurants and shops. The area is just south of Centennial Olympic Park.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind 57 min ago
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 46 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 33 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies 38 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
5 min ago