Mom faces fine for son, 3, urinating in front yard
PIEDMONT, OK (KTRK) -- A mother is furious that she may have to write a big check for something her son did. The toddler relieved himself in his front yard.
Ashley Warden of Piedmont, Oklahoma says her three-year-old son, Dillon, answered nature's call right when a police officer happened to be driving by. The officer issued warden a $2,500 ticket for public urination.
He wasn't swayed by Warden's argument that the offender was a toddler who's still being potty trained.
Even the mayor admits the ticket has been a little embarrassing for the city.
"I have heard more jokes about 'Peed-mont' today," said Piedmont Mayor Valerie Thomerson. "Some of them have frankly been hilarious."
Warden was so upset by the ticket that she ripped it up. The police chief says the charge will probably be dropped.
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket 52 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat