FL police: Dad left baby in pit bull's care
PALM COAST, FL -- A Florida man is charged with child neglect after allegedly leaving his 10-month-old baby in the care of his pit bull while he went to a bar.
The Flagler County Sheriff's Office says 41-year-old James Irvine of Palm Coast was arrested early Saturday.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports the child's mother called police after learning Irvine left the baby alone while he went out to drink. She was at work at the time.
A police report says he told her the "pit bull was watching the baby." The child was in his bedroom with the door shut when she came home. A deputy reported the dog was sitting outside the room.
It's not known whether Irvine has an attorney.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail