Rank-and-file question GOP 'fiscal cliff' stance
WASHINGTON -- Some rank and file Republicans are recommending some pragmatism in the approach to the fiscal cliff.
They're putting increased pressure on party leaders to rethink opposition to tax hikes on the wealthy if they can get entitlement cuts in return.
President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner met yesterday and say communication lines remain open.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 53 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 56 min ago