Rank-and-file question GOP 'fiscal cliff' stance
WASHINGTON -- Some rank and file Republicans are recommending some pragmatism in the approach to the fiscal cliff.
They're putting increased pressure on party leaders to rethink opposition to tax hikes on the wealthy if they can get entitlement cuts in return.
President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner met yesterday and say communication lines remain open.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak