Woman arrested for child porn after nationwide search
WASHINGTON (KTRK) -- Officials are calling their effort to enlist the public in a hunt for a mystery woman believed to be producing child pornography a success.
The nationwide search for a "Jane Doe" suspected child pornographer, by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), ended with the arrest of an Okaloosa County, Florida, woman on federal charges for child pornography production.
Corine Danielle Motley, 25, was arrested late Wednesday evening, hours after HSI issued a public appeal for assistance to identify "Jane Doe."
"The quick identification of the victim and suspect in this case demonstrates the power of the press, social media and the general public in helping solve these cases," said ICE Director John Morton. "Literally hours after we asked the public for their assistance in identifying Jane Doe, a tip came in that led to her identification and arrest. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that, due to these efforts, a child is now safe and her tormentor now in custody."
According to the complaint, Motley is believed to have produced at least one long-form child pornography video featuring herself engaging in explicit sexual conduct with a 4 to 6-year-old victim. Officials believed that the video had most likely been produced in the United States, and posted online for the first time on November 27. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children determined that the victim had not yet been identified or rescued.
The public is encouraged to report suspected child predators and any suspicious activity through a toll-free hotline at 1-866-DHS-2-ICE or by completing an online tip form. Suspected child sexual exploitation or missing children may be reported to the National Center for Missing an Exploited Children via its toll-free 24-hour hotline, 1-800-THE-LOST.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns