Kindergartner suspended over alleged bubble gun threat
MOUNT CARMEL, PA (KTRK) -- A five-year-old girl from Pennsylvania was suspended after bringing a 'Hello Kitty' bubble gun to school.
Officials at Mount Carmel Elementary school say the girl suggested that her and another classmate should shoot each other with bubbles. They called that a 'terrorist threat.'
The school suspended the kindergartner for two days and ordered a psychological evaluation results came back normal.
The girl's family is now considering suing the school to get the incident off their daughter's record.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course