10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
- TODAY'S WEATHER:
This week's spring-like weather pattern brings warm temps, lots of clouds, and many chances for rain.
Need more details? Here's the full weather forecast.
- TODAY'S HOROSCOPE:
It's a Pisces world when Mercury joins Mars and Neptune in that peaceful and often emotional sign. Yes, imagine as you dance and dream. However, be alert for red herrings in this fishy sign. Tonight, wait. Only start something new after the void-of-course Moon enters Capricorn tomorrow. What's your sign? See today's horoscope specific to you.
- WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS:
Find out if you're rich, with the latest winning numbers for all the Texas lottery games.
All or Nothing Evening: 06-08-10-11-12-13-15-16-18-20-23-24
Daily 4 Day: 6-4-7-1, Sum It Up: 18
Pick 3 Day: 6-0-0, Sum It Up: 6
Did you win? Check your lottery numbers now!
- BOY FREED FROM UNDERGROUND BUNKER IN ALABAMA Authorities storm the hideout after deciding that the kidnapper posed an imminent danger to his 5-year-old captive. After the assault, the abductor is found dead.
- WHO'S OFF THE HOOK FOR THE SUPER BOWL BLACKOUT Don't blame Beyonce and her electrifying halftime show. She brought her own generator.
- PUSHING GUN CONTROL, OBAMA TAKES TO THE ROAD Speaking in Minneapolis, he urges Americans to call their lawmakers: "Tell them now is the time for action."
- IN EGYPT, NEW BOSS SEEMS A LOT LIKE THE OLD ONE As police crack down on his opponents, Morsi is accused of cultivating the same repressive culture as Mubarak, his predecessor.
- A PROBLEM FOR AS MANY AS 1 IN 5 IRAQ, AFGHAN VETS A murderous rampage by a 25-year-old Texan who served in Iraq heightens concern about post-traumatic stress disorder.
- CHURCH CAUGHT IN A CONTRADICTION A Catholic hospital's argument in court that twin fetuses that died in its care were not human beings brings a firestorm of criticism for the church.
- WHY THERE'S A MOVE TO CHANGE THE NATION'S MARIJUANA LAWS A federal tax on pot could bring in $20 billion a year, according to one estimate.
- HOW AN ILLITERATE MAN SAVED MALI'S TREASURED MANUSCRIPTS The 72-year-old hid about 28,000 texts in millet sacks.
- U.S. CALLS IRAN SPACE PROGRAM MONKEY BUSINESS The Iranians claim to have safely sent a monkey into space and back, but the State Department is skeptical the animal survived.
- NO CANADIAN PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS The government has begun phasing out the coin, saying it costs more to produce than it's worth.
The Associated Press and Horoscope.com contributed to this report.
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 5 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- IRS official Lois Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong' 36 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- 1 killed, 3 students hurt in school bus accident in East TX 18 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 25 min ago
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Jodia Arias pleas to jury to spare her life
22 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos