Report: Gunman fires at anti-Islam writer, misses
COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- Danish media are reporting that an unknown gunman has tried to shoot a Danish writer and historian who is a prominent critic of Islam.
TV2 News and the Politiken news site say Lars Hedegaard was not injured in the shooting.
Both say the gunman came up to Hedegaard's Copenhagen home Tuesday on the pretext of delivering a package, and then fired at least one shot but missed the writer.
Copenhagen police confirmed that there had been a shooting without injuries. They wouldn't say whether Hedegaard was the intended target.
Hedegaard heads the International Free Press Society, a group that claims press freedom is under threat from Islam.
He was fined 5,000 kroner ($1,000) in 2011 for making a series of insulting and degrading statements about Muslims.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife 30 min ago
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates 51 min ago
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
11 min ago
- Aftermath of 5.7-magnitude quake in...
11 min ago