Maryland mom accused of having sex with son's teen friend
LAUREL, DE -- A 35-year-old Maryland woman has been arrested for the alleged rape of a 14-year-old boy in Delaware.
Delaware State Police arrested Katheryn L. Carmean, of Berlin, Maryland, on Wednesday.
Earlier in the day, police were notified of the alleged rape after the teenager disclosed to a family member that he had a sexual relationship with Carmean over a ten month period.
The victim was a friend of Carmean's son and would periodically stay at her previous residence located on Mt. Zion Road in Laurel, Delaware.
Carmean, who recently moved to Maryland, was taken into custody at her place of employment in Seaford. She is charged with 10 counts of third degree rape, continuous sexual abuse of a child and endangering the welfare of a child.
Carmean is currently being held on $57,000 secured bond.
This story is from our sister station, WPVI-TV in Philadelphia.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos