Maryland mom accused of having sex with son's teen friend
LAUREL, DE -- A 35-year-old Maryland woman has been arrested for the alleged rape of a 14-year-old boy in Delaware.
Delaware State Police arrested Katheryn L. Carmean, of Berlin, Maryland, on Wednesday.
Earlier in the day, police were notified of the alleged rape after the teenager disclosed to a family member that he had a sexual relationship with Carmean over a ten month period.
The victim was a friend of Carmean's son and would periodically stay at her previous residence located on Mt. Zion Road in Laurel, Delaware.
Carmean, who recently moved to Maryland, was taken into custody at her place of employment in Seaford. She is charged with 10 counts of third degree rape, continuous sexual abuse of a child and endangering the welfare of a child.
Carmean is currently being held on $57,000 secured bond.
This story is from our sister station, WPVI-TV in Philadelphia.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home