Banana Joe the affenpinscher wins Westminster
NEW YORK -- Banana Joe is very appealing, in any language.
The little affenpinscher with a monkey face added to his world of success Tuesday night, winning best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
"He speaks German, Dutch, Spanish and English," co-owner and breeder Mieke Cooijmans offered.
She was set to take Banana Joe back to the Netherlands on Wednesday. Now, the trip has been postponed for his victory lap.
With a bouncy step and shiny black coat, Banana Joe made up for near misses the last two years at Madison Square Garden and won America's premier dog competition. The 5-year-old wagged his tail a mile a minute and stuck out his pink tongue after earning his 86th best in show title overall.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 56 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title 56 min ago
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years 55 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer