Kate Middleton baby bump photos in Chi Magazine
HOUSTON -- More paparazzi photos of Princess Kate are out after a magazine published pictures of a pregnant Kate Middleton in a bikini, and the royals are horrified once again.
Hitting the newsstands Wednesday, Italian gossip magazine Chi - with new pictures of a bikini-clad royal duchess and mama to be, a tiny baby bump on show with William on the island of Mustique.
"Everybody is entitled to privacy, but it's just different when you're a royal. They all crave normality, but they're not just like everybody else," said Victoria Arbiter, ABC News, royal contributor.
The pictures are from a Caribbean getaway, an island famed for its privacy and security. But when it comes to the royal couple, it seems there is no such thing as privacy for these soon-to-be parents
The palace is up in arms saying it's a clear breach of the couples right to privacy. Last summer when a French magazine published photos of a topless Kate sunbathing in a private home in France, the royal couple sued the publication, warning British tabloids that more lawsuits could follow. And so the British media have decided not to publish the pictures, but are they making their voices heard.
"Kate's Horror at baby bump snap," screamed one newspaper headline. "Fresh anguish for pregnant Kate," blared another.
Australian magazine says it will follow suit and show the pictures of what the editor says are celebrating Kate looking so healthy and glowing.
"This was not a difficult decision to publish these photos. I mean, Kate's on a public beach; there are other holiday makers there, and she looks fabulous," said Fiona Connolly, editor, Woman's Day.
Last September, the magazine - owned by former Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi - published a 26-page special featuring topless photos of the duchess while she and William vacationed in the south of France.
The royal couple took legal action to halt the use of those intimate photos, but had only limited success. Although a French court ordered gossip magazine Closer to stop further publication of the pictures, they went on to be published in Chi, other publications across Europe, and on the Internet.
This story was put together by WLS-TV, our sister station in Chicago, along with information from the Associated Press.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
kate middleton, prince william, united kingdom, national/world
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo 48 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable 14 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home 26 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos