Girl, 13, accused of stabbing peer for bag of chips
FRESNO, CA -- A California middle-school student in Armona has been charged in the stabbing of another student..
A 13-year-old girl from Armona, located in the South Valley, has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
The Kings County District Attorney's Office says she also faces another charge for using a knife. Kings County Sheriff's deputies say the girl stabbed a 13-year-old boy after he stole a bag of chips from her lunch.
She claims she only meant to "poke" him and was joking around.
The girl is expected to be arraigned on the charges Monday morning in Kings County Juvenile Hall.
This story is from KFSN-TV, our sister station in Fresno, California.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 22 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 10 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out