Girl, 13, accused of stabbing peer for bag of chips
FRESNO, CA -- A California middle-school student in Armona has been charged in the stabbing of another student..
A 13-year-old girl from Armona, located in the South Valley, has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
The Kings County District Attorney's Office says she also faces another charge for using a knife. Kings County Sheriff's deputies say the girl stabbed a 13-year-old boy after he stole a bag of chips from her lunch.
She claims she only meant to "poke" him and was joking around.
The girl is expected to be arraigned on the charges Monday morning in Kings County Juvenile Hall.
This story is from KFSN-TV, our sister station in Fresno, California.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 55 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 58 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
38 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos