Oldest marathoner closes last race at age 101
HONG KONG -- With a saffron turban and a flowing white beard, 101-year-old Fauja Singh finished the Hong Kong Marathon's 6.25-mile race, making him the oldest marathoner in the world.
Nicknamed the Turbaned Torpedo, the Indian-born runner finished the race in 1 hour, 32 minutes and 28 seconds.
"I will remember this day. I will miss it," Singh said minutes after crossing the finish line.
Singh says he will now hang up his sneakers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 1 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Child abducted walking home from school in Pasadena 11 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co.
- Minor spill, tar balls cleaned up at Galveston 42 min ago
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing
- Texas search team to help after OK twister
- Expect hot, humid conditions with chances of rain
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos