Fresno PD: Thieves tried to hide by ordering McDonald's
FRESNO, CA -- Fresno police say two thieves thought they could hide from the cops by ordering fast food at McDonald's.
Detectives say the men had just burglarized a home in Central Fresno.
Quick-thinking neighbors called police and gave a good description of the car and the suspects.
Officers spotted the pair at the McDonald's drive-thru. They let them order their chicken sandwiches, and then trapped them in the parking lot.
Both were arrested, and police recovered money and jewelry.
They're now checking to see whether the suspects are connected to other area break-ins.
This story is from our sister station, KFSN-TV in Fresno.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 14 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self 22 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath 35 min ago