Fresno PD: Thieves tried to hide by ordering McDonald's
FRESNO, CA -- Fresno police say two thieves thought they could hide from the cops by ordering fast food at McDonald's.
Detectives say the men had just burglarized a home in Central Fresno.
Quick-thinking neighbors called police and gave a good description of the car and the suspects.
Officers spotted the pair at the McDonald's drive-thru. They let them order their chicken sandwiches, and then trapped them in the parking lot.
Both were arrested, and police recovered money and jewelry.
They're now checking to see whether the suspects are connected to other area break-ins.
This story is from our sister station, KFSN-TV in Fresno.
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing