Fresno PD: Thieves tried to hide by ordering McDonald's
FRESNO, CA -- Fresno police say two thieves thought they could hide from the cops by ordering fast food at McDonald's.
Detectives say the men had just burglarized a home in Central Fresno.
Quick-thinking neighbors called police and gave a good description of the car and the suspects.
Officers spotted the pair at the McDonald's drive-thru. They let them order their chicken sandwiches, and then trapped them in the parking lot.
Both were arrested, and police recovered money and jewelry.
They're now checking to see whether the suspects are connected to other area break-ins.
This story is from our sister station, KFSN-TV in Fresno.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident 55 min ago
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Drugs involved in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co., say deputies
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves 10 min ago
- 13 Things to Know for Friday 59 min ago
- Hot, humid and breezy as we head into weekend 57 min ago
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire 17 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos