Gay couple wins $100K Maine wedding contest
FREEPORT, ME -- A same-sex couple is getting their dream wedding courtesy of a Maine magazine.
Real Maine Weddings says Jenna Eagleton and Caroline Currie were chosen Sunday from three finalist couples at the Maine Wedding Association Bridal Show in Freeport.
Same-sex couples have been allowed to marry in Maine since December after voters approved a gay marriage referendum.
The Portland couple plans to get married in October in Kennebunkport. The $100,000 prize includes the reception, a wedding dress, tuxedos, rings, flowers and limousine service.
Couples enter the giveaway by submitting a video saying why they deserve a free dream wedding. Organizers say Currie's father asked the couple to move up their planned 2014 wedding because he has leukemia.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident