Officials: Explosions kill 2 in northern Iraq
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Officials say two explosions in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul have killed two soldiers and wounded another seven people.
A police officer says five soldiers were among those wounded in a car bomb Sunday in an industrial area of the city, 360 kilometers (225 miles) northwest of Baghdad. He says two civilians also were wounded when another bomb placed under a vehicle exploded.
A health official confirmed the casualties.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the bombings.
Sunni militants often attack soldiers, hoping to erode confidence in the Shiite-led government.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co. 56 min ago
- Frustration mounts for church members 35 min ago
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck 19 min ago
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- Lady Gaga addresses difficulties in SXSW keynote
- Rare early map of Texas offered at auction
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant