Jeremiah Wright daughter indicted on money laundering charges
COUNTRY CLUB HILLS, IL -- The daughter of President Barack Obama's former pastor has been indicted on charges of money laundering and lying to the feds.
Jeri Wright of Hazel Crest is Reverend Jeremiah Wright's daughter. She is accused of participating in a fraud scheme allegedly orchestrated by former Country Club Hills police chief Regina Evans and her husband.
Prosecutors say the scheme involves a $1.25 million state grant.
This story was reported by KTRK-TV's sister station, WLS-TV in Chicago.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 17 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges 2 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction 29 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire