Obama: Boston explosions investigated as terrorism
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says the explosions at the Boston Marathon are being investigated as an act of terror, although authorities still don't know who is responsible.
He called the bombing "a heinous and cowardly act" used to target innocent civilians.
Obama spoke to reporters at the White House after a briefing by his national security team.
Three people were killed, including an 8-year-old boy, and more than 170 were wounded in Monday's bombing at the famous marathon's finish line.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, national/world
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 6 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 33 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 46 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 21 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 9 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Video: Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor... 5 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
5 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
15 min ago