Dad: Marathon bomb victim had both legs amputated
BOSTON, MA -- The father of a man who was photographed being pushed away from the Boston Marathon bombing in a wheelchair says his son has had both legs amputated.
Jeff Bauman says his son, 27-year-old Jeff Bauman Jr., is the man in an Associated Press photo taken shortly after the bombing.
His father says on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage. He says his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.
Bauman says his son was there to watch his girlfriend run. She was not hurt. He says his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, national/world
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 1 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 22 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 3 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 30 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born