410 pigs and 122 dogs found dead in central China
BEIJING, China -- Hundreds more pigs have been found dead in China -- this time together with dozens of dead dogs.
Authorities say 410 pigs and 122 dogs were found dead Monday in homes and at farms in a village in central Henan province.
Local authorities say chemical factories in the area have been ordered to suspend production. The chief of Yanshi city's propaganda office says the deaths are suspected to be related to the factories.
Authorities say the deaths have nothing to do with the bird flu virus that recently spread to humans.
Last month, more than 16,000 dead pigs were found in rivers supplying water to Shanghai. The dumping has not been explained, though police had been cracking down on the illegal sale of pork products made from dead, diseased pigs.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind 53 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- New Houston light rail line opens for business 40 min ago
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Wind damage in River Oaks area 58 min ago
- Wind damage in River Oaks area
58 min ago