Cat comes to rescue of small dog being attacked
TOLEDO, OH -- You've heard the saying, "fighting like cats and dogs," but in Toledo, Ohio, a cat is being praised for saving a dog's life.
On Monday, a big dog attacked Izzy, a terrier mix, after the smaller dog wandered away from her backyard.
The big dog had Izzy in its mouth and had punctured her abdomen. That's when Sammy the cat sprang into action and saved Izzy's life.
"The big dog saw the cat, dropped Izzy, took off after the cat," veterinarian Kittsen McCumber said. "The family was able to pick up Izzy to bring her in here. The cat got away safely up a tree and literally saved this dog's life."
Izzy's medical team believes she will make a full recovery from her very serious injuries.
This story is from KTRK-TV's sister station KGO-TV in San Francisco.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 51 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 54 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks 21 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final