Cat comes to rescue of small dog being attacked
TOLEDO, OH -- You've heard the saying, "fighting like cats and dogs," but in Toledo, Ohio, a cat is being praised for saving a dog's life.
On Monday, a big dog attacked Izzy, a terrier mix, after the smaller dog wandered away from her backyard.
The big dog had Izzy in its mouth and had punctured her abdomen. That's when Sammy the cat sprang into action and saved Izzy's life.
"The big dog saw the cat, dropped Izzy, took off after the cat," veterinarian Kittsen McCumber said. "The family was able to pick up Izzy to bring her in here. The cat got away safely up a tree and literally saved this dog's life."
Izzy's medical team believes she will make a full recovery from her very serious injuries.
This story is from KTRK-TV's sister station KGO-TV in San Francisco.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 39 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 34 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 42 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born