Cat comes to rescue of small dog being attacked
TOLEDO, OH -- You've heard the saying, "fighting like cats and dogs," but in Toledo, Ohio, a cat is being praised for saving a dog's life.
On Monday, a big dog attacked Izzy, a terrier mix, after the smaller dog wandered away from her backyard.
The big dog had Izzy in its mouth and had punctured her abdomen. That's when Sammy the cat sprang into action and saved Izzy's life.
"The big dog saw the cat, dropped Izzy, took off after the cat," veterinarian Kittsen McCumber said. "The family was able to pick up Izzy to bring her in here. The cat got away safely up a tree and literally saved this dog's life."
Izzy's medical team believes she will make a full recovery from her very serious injuries.
This story is from KTRK-TV's sister station KGO-TV in San Francisco.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston