Body found in water that of missing Brown student
PROVIDENCE, RI -- The Rhode Island medical examiner's office says a body found in Providence is that of a Brown University student missing since last month.
Health Department spokeswoman Dara Chadwick says the body of 22-year-old Sunil Tripathi was identified Thursday morning through a forensic dental exam. The cause of death has not been determined.
Chadwick says Tripathi's family has been notified. A message was left for his sister.
Tripathi's body was found Tuesday by members of the Brown crew team in waters off India Point Park. Relatives of Tripathi, who's from Bryn Mawr, Pa., had been searching for him with help from the FBI and Brown students since mid-March.
His family says he had been on leave from the Ivy League school and was living with classmates in Providence.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
rhode island, national/world
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV 3 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school