Body found in water that of missing Brown student
PROVIDENCE, RI -- The Rhode Island medical examiner's office says a body found in Providence is that of a Brown University student missing since last month.
Health Department spokeswoman Dara Chadwick says the body of 22-year-old Sunil Tripathi was identified Thursday morning through a forensic dental exam. The cause of death has not been determined.
Chadwick says Tripathi's family has been notified. A message was left for his sister.
Tripathi's body was found Tuesday by members of the Brown crew team in waters off India Point Park. Relatives of Tripathi, who's from Bryn Mawr, Pa., had been searching for him with help from the FBI and Brown students since mid-March.
His family says he had been on leave from the Ivy League school and was living with classmates in Providence.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
rhode island, national/world
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 24 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 22 min ago
- IAH passengers struggle to reach destinations 18 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad