List of 10 deadliest tornadoes since 1900
raw video: Damage from Oklahoma City tornado
raw video: Fire erupts after Oklahoma City tornado
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- A list of the 10 deadliest tornadoes in the United States since 1900:
-- 695 deaths. March 18, 1925, in Missouri, Illinois and Indiana.
-- 216 deaths. April 5, 1936, in Tupelo, Miss.
-- 203 deaths. April 6, 1936, in Gainesville, Ga.
-- 181 deaths. April 9, 1947, in Woodward, Okla.
-- 158 deaths. May 22, 2011, in Joplin, Mo.
-- 143 deaths. April 24, 1908, in Amite, La., and Purvis, Miss.
-- 116 deaths. June 8, 1953, in Flint, Mich
-- 114 deaths. May 11, 1953 in Waco, Texas.
-- 114 deaths. May 18, 1902 in Goliad, Texas.
-- 103 deaths. March 23, 1913, in Omaha, Neb.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 31 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 5 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 33 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects 51 min ago
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game