Pa. girl, Md. boy win National Marbles Tournament
WILDWOOD, NJ -- An 11-year-old girl from Pennsylvania and a 12-year-old boy from Maryland are this year's national marbles champions.
Emily Cavacini won the girls' championship Thursday at the National Marbles Tournament in Wildwood, N.J. Cooper Fisher won the boys' title. The four-day tournament featured 26 boys and 26 girls competing to knock marbles out of a circle.
Emily is from Shaler, Pa., just north of Pittsburgh. She's been playing marbles for about four years. She's a fifth-grader at Shaler Elementary School and won the Allegheny County Marbles Tournament on June 1.
Numerous other marbles champions have come from Allegheny County over the last 10 years.
Cooper is from Middletown Valley, Md.
Emily and Cooper say it's fun playing against their friends in the tournament, which is celebrating its 90th year.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
new jersey, national/world
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow 55 min ago
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter... 43 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 31 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
43 min ago