ABC News: Edward Snowden charged with espionage
WASHINGTON -- Edward Snowden, the man who leaked some explosive government secrets, is now charged with espionage.
ABC News has learned federal prosecutors have charged Snowden with espionage, theft, and conversion of government property. They've also asked officials in Hong Kong to detain him.
Snowden leaked details of a controversial surveillance program which showed the NSA was tracking American phone and Internet records.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 37 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport 1 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos