ABC News: Edward Snowden charged with espionage
WASHINGTON -- Edward Snowden, the man who leaked some explosive government secrets, is now charged with espionage.
ABC News has learned federal prosecutors have charged Snowden with espionage, theft, and conversion of government property. They've also asked officials in Hong Kong to detain him.
Snowden leaked details of a controversial surveillance program which showed the NSA was tracking American phone and Internet records.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 33 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos