Frightening New Jersey home invasion assault caught on camera
MILLBURN, NJ -- Police in New Jersey are searching for the man behind a frightening home invasion and assault that was caught on camera.
The suspect, who burst into the home in Millburn and beat up a woman in front of her young daughter, is on the run, and authorities are hoping the nanny-cam surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened around 10:30 a.m. on June 21 at the Cypress Street home.
Police say the unidentified male, described as a black man standing about 5-foot-11 and weighing 210 pounds with a light salt and pepper beard, forced his way inside and attacked the woman while her 3-year-old little girl sat on the couch.
He punched and kicked the woman repeatedly, then put her in a choke hold before throwing her down a flight of stairs. He made off with an undetermined amount of jewelry, including the woman's wedding ring, and fled the scene.
The woman was transported to an area hospital, where she was treated for injuries to her face and legs.
In addition to the girl, the woman also had an 18-month-old sleeping upstairs.
Anyone with information or who can identify the individual in the photo is asked to call Millburn Police at 973-564-7001.
This story is from WABC-TV, our sister station in New York.
new jersey, millburn, robbery, home invasion, assault, surveillance video, national/world
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 18 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 20 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects 38 min ago
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game