South Africa: Nelson Mandela in very critical condition
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- A daughter of Nelson Mandela says he is in very critical condition but is still opening his eyes and reacting to touch at the South African hospital where he is being treated.
Makaziwe Mandela told South Africa's state broadcaster on Thursday that the former president and anti-apartheid leader is still giving the family hope, even though "anything is imminent."
She says her family will wait with 94-year-old Mandela until "the time to go."
Makaziwe Mandela's comments were posted on the SABC web site.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 19 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 56 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas 2 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 50 min ago
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 26 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records 28 min ago
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching 18 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Boy in need embraces spirit of holiday giving
24 min ago